For RMAIR’s 51st annual conference (and second virtual conference), the committee is now accepting proposals for presentations on any aspect of institutional research, effectiveness, and planning, with a focus on the theme, “The new landscapes of higher education (e.g., diversity, equity, and inclusion) as it relates to our work in IR.” Dates of the conference are Tuesdays, October 12th, 19th, and 26th.
- Research and practice presentations: Recorded on-demand and live sessions about 25-30 minutes long.
- Panel discussions: A group of presenters answering questions informally, led by a moderator—discussions will be 55 minutes long, held via Zoom.
- Workshops: Zoom sessions that are 1-2 hours long describing tools and techniques with participation of attendees.
Submit proposals to meet one of the three styles: research and practice presentations; panel discussions; or workshops.
A committee of peers will evaluate all proposals. Proposals will be reviewed for relevance, thoroughness, and clarity.
Additional notes: In addition to the required elements specific to each style listed below, provide any other information or details that the proposal reviewers will need to know beforehand. Please include your preferred date for synchronous presentations, discussions, or workshops.
Research and practice presentation proposals should include the following elements:
- Presentation title (25-word limit)
- Presentation abstract (100-word limit) – A brief description for the conference program.
- Presentation summary (400-word limit) – Extended description of proposal for committee review.
Panel discussion and workshop proposals should include the above elements, plus:
- Presentation plan (50-word limit) – A brief description that provides an overview of expected panel or audience involvement. Interactive presentations, especially for workshops, are highly encouraged.
Click here to submit proposals. If you have any questions regarding proposal submission, please contact James Downes, planning comittee, at email@example.com.
The submission deadline has been extended. Proposals are now due by Tuesday, August 31st. Proposals will be reviewed and notifications of acceptance will be sent out in September.